We are in need of experienced and motivated person to Head the day-to-day management for a Tax Credit senior citizen apartment community in Fredericksburg, Virginia.
High school graduate, additional business courses or college preferred.
Minimum two-years’ experience in real estate management.
Certificate in Tax Credit Compliance a must.
Onesite/Jenark software knowledge helpful
Enjoy working with Senior Citizens
Basic Job Function:
Ensure the physical wellbeing of the property:
- Supervises maintenance staff, including maintenance supervisor and any contract workers;
- Supervises scheduling of maintenance work including corrective and preventive maintenance;
- Establishes rotating schedule of personnel for emergency maintenance;
- Makes regular follow-up inspections on maintenance work;
- Makes regular inspections of grounds, including all common areas;
- Supervises all vacant apartment make-ready procedures;
- Makes recommendations for physical repairs, replacements and/or improvements.
- Makes recommendations for supplies, materials and equipment.
- Recommends expenditures, within budget allocations and solicits bids to purchase;
- Evaluates maintenance operations periodically to determine cost efficiency.
- Ensure the timely payment of rents;
- Eliminate lost revenues due to vacancies;
- Process eviction notices and enforce evictions for non-payment of rent;
- Exercise sound judgment regarding property expenditures.
Marketing and Leasing:
- Supervises Assistant Manager and/or leasing staff;
- Assists in preparation of advertising and marketing programs;
- Assists in preparation of regular market surveys;
- Assists in preparation of weekly and monthly reports;
- Provides for resident recruitment, selection, qualification, lease administration and apartment preparation for move-ins in accordance with corporate policies and procedures;
- Makes recommendations to improve marketing and leasing programs;
- Ensures compliance with fair housing guidelines and HUD guidelines (where applicable).
- Supervises office administrative staff;
- Assists in preparation of management plan;
- Supervises maintenance of property files and records;
- Makes recommendations on hiring or firing of personnel;
- Handles any emergency that may arise on site;
- Communicates all problems and makes recommendations to Regional Property Manager;
- Provides training for all new site employees;
- Tactfully handles all site personnel relationships;
- Supervises work performance of all site personnel;
- Implements HUD procedures, selection criteria, policy and procedures and is knowledgeable on issues pertaining to these;
- Serves as on-call representative providing evening, weekend and holiday emergency service;
- Friendly, helpful and considerate of all residents;
- Coordinates communication of information between the property and Quantum main
- Assists at other properties as assigned;
- Maintains petty cash receipts;
- Serves as the company’s representative (when directed) concerning city, county, state and federal issues to the operation of the property;
- Assists with the annual budget preparation and monthly management reports;
- Reports payroll information to payroll department and to the Regional Manager on a time basis;
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by Regional Manager.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.“