A charming community of cottage-like buildings arranged around one of three courtyards, Bowie Commons is composed of 36 one-bedroom apartments that are reserved for Section 8-qualified elderly and/or disabled residents.
Bowie Commons stands as a counterpoint to typically inefficient and isolated suburban development. Located across the street from Bowie Town Center, Bowie Commons’ open and green grounds are accessible by foot to a variety of retail and community services. Following a detailed energy audit in 2008, measures were taken to update existing systems and ensure the 1980’s-era property is managed and maintained using the best practices in sustainability.
To find out about prices, income restrictions, and rules and regulations related to this property, please contact the property directly.
- Energy-efficient heat pumps and hot water heaters.
- Digital thermostats for increased efficiency of heating and cooling units.
- Ceiling fans in each unit.
- Every unit comes with Niagara flapperless toilets that conserve water while still offering a powerful flush.
- Double-paned windows provide excellent insulation in both summer and winter.
- Water included in the rent.
- Located in a walkable community, with restaurants, shopping and services easily accessible on foot.
- Directly across the street from the Bowie Town Center and adjacent to the Bowie Senior Center.
- Use of Integrated Pest Management system that minimizes use of pesticides.
- Green cleaning products used to clean all common areas.